And, unfortunately, this season has only just begun. So, I have brainstormed and come up with some tips for staying motivated to work HARD even through the coldest, darkest days!
LUCKY13FITNESS’S TOP 5 TIPS TO BEATING THE WINTER CHILL
1) Bring your gym bag to work. Making the pit stop at home to change and grab a bite is a huge threat to the success of your workout. The couch will call your name and the warmth of your home will taunt you. Bring your workout clothes and a pre-workout snack to work with you and go directly to the gym!
2) Sign up for a class with a friend. Make a pact with a workout buddy that you will attend a class together, or workout side by side. This will give you a greater reason to bundle up and make sure you get there on time.
3) Treat yourself to new WINTER workout wear! Put away your tank tops and shorts and treat yourself to some Cold Gear! New workout outfits- especially those made to keep you warm in the cold- give an extra boost of motivation to stay fit!
4) Set a new goal. You may already be working toward personal goals, but create a goal that is specific to the winter. Take a new class, set a # of times per week to hit the gym, try new healthy winter recipes.
5) Download some new Music. Make a new play-list of the tunes that PUMP you up the most and get moving!!!!