- This past weekend I traveled to New Jersey to get my wedding dress (AHHHHH!) so my usual time for longer workouts, bricks, and any making up of missed workouts didn’t exist. Knowing about my travels, I had to jam pack everything into the rest of the week, which was challenging.
- I was still sub-par in my energy this week. Losing Chloe really challenged my desire to do much working out. I just didn’t have as much vigor and drive to train hard, the way I usually do.
- This challenge is a typical Michelle-ism…. I forget stuff!!!!! One day I forgot my flip flops and therefore couldn’t swim! I was so pissed at myself. The next day, I forgot spin shorts and ended up having to cycle for 45 mins in running shorts. Let me tell you: CYCLING IN RUNNING SHORTS IS NOT FUN!
- Though the week presented challenges with energy, timing, etc. I was able to have a pretty successful week. I think the most important thing for me last week was that despite all the challenges, and despite not having my BEST workouts, I still went through the motions and checked as many boxes off on my training plan as I could!
- I FINALLY GOT TO LIFT!!!!!!!!! With a very busy schedule, I had missed out on lifting for a while. I did some on my own, but last Friday I got to lift with my trainer. Jen had a bad cold and was sidelined to the couch (I’ve now got the same thing!!), so I had a solo session with him. We did a circuit: Sumo Deadlifts (#115), Single Arm Press (I maxed at #35′s), Glute Bridges, Hiiiiiiigh Step-Up’s, Inverted Rows, and 1/2 Kneeling Chops. I felt SO good afterward, it was a welcome feeling to wake up sore on Saturday morning!
- Forgetting stuff is a challenge for me, but I absolutely consider it a success when I force myself to just DO IT anyway. #noexcuses. I cycled for 45 mins in running shorts. It sucked. But I did it. #success.
- Here’s what I got done in terms of swim/bike/run: Swim: 1,000yds, 1,250yds. Bike:20 miles, 20 miles, 25miles. Run: 25mins.
Next week’s challenge:
The program is back to building and longer, difficult workouts this week so my challenge is to keep up!!! I caught a cold over the weekend and it prevented me from working out yesterday. I will have to adjust my schedule this week to fit things in, but I’m just going to do as much as my body allows. I have been pumping the Vitamin C, water, and trying to rest as much as one can while the house is under total construction!!!
[As I sit and type this, there are all sorts of machines running, hammers slamming, and guys yelling about 20 feet away from me. BUT: I am choosing my attitude and have plugged my earbuds into the iTunes. Bob Marley is drowning out all the noise!]
I also want to try and incorporate some more interval training into the mix this week. If my time is limited, and I am feeling healthy enough, I want to try and work HARD in shorter durations (a la Brian McKenzie).
Please feel free to comment and share stories about your training as well! Pose questions, leave feedback, etc. I would love hearing from you!