Shepherd’s Need Not Apply Pie
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 5 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 bag frozen organic peas
- 3lbs. ground organic white chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 8 large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes
- Put sweet potatoes into large pot of water, bring to boil & let simmer for 20 minutes
- While potatoes are cooking, Heat olive oil on medium high heat in large sautee pan
- Add onions and carrots. Sautee until translucent (5-7 min)
- Add ground chicken, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and salt/pepper
- Cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through
- Add frozen peas, cover, take off of heat and let sit 3 minutes.
- Drain sweet potatoes in a colander and pour back into pot.
- Add 1 whole egg yolk and mash until soft
- Pour chicken mixture into an 8×10 Pyrex pan, then spoon & spread sweet potato puree over the top
- Put oven broiler on high & put Pyrex in for 8 minutes, or until top of sweet potatoes brown (remember, everything else is fully cooked, so don’t overdo it)
- Spoon into a bowl and enjoy!!!