Today, during the time I’d usually be doing my MONSTER Monday workout, I sat down at the kitchen table and planned out my Pre-Season Triathlon Program. Jen and I have both just finished a strength program that included lots of Deadlifts, squats, Kettlebell swings, etc. It has CERTAINLY worked, as we have both gained strength in several areas. It’s now time to plan another program to get our bodies ready for triathlon season which officially starts in April. Although I did sacrifice a huge sweatfest, in exchange I got a fantastic feeling of knowing exactly where I’m going in my my fitness endeavours for the month of March. With this plan in place, I will be even MORE prepared to make the most of every workout.
SOOOO with all that being said, today I want you to take the time when you’d usually work out and instead sit down with a pen and paper (or Excel spreadsheet) and write up a plan. Make it as simple or as detailed as you’d like…. Check out the “workout” below to help you through!
MONSTER Monday Workout 2.25.13: The Plan
- Open your Calendar
- Grab a sheet of paper and pencil…and MARKERS!
- Think about what GOAL you have, or want
- Write your End Goal (in MARKER!) on the appropriate date in your calendar
- Count backwards from that date to March 1, and figure out how many weeks you have to prepare
- Start slow: allot 1-2 days/week for fitness that is specifically related to the goal, and work your way up to 5-6 days/week as time grows closer to the event
- Write (in MARKER) which days will be your “Goal workout” days in your calendar
- Write down on a sheet of paper what you think, to the best of your knowledge, might help you reach your goals…aka your objectives [i.e. work w/trainer, take Spinning class, workout with a buddy, lift weights, take yoga, etc]
- Assign each of the objectives to a “Goal workout” day
- Consult a professional to fit in the pieces you are unsure of… A personal trainer or coach can help you put together a very specific & detailed plan
- Put the Plan in a spot where you’ll see it every day, and get it done!!!!!!