For many people, the road to reaching a fitness goal can be long, arduous, and never ending. In fact, I’ve heard countless stories in my 10+ years as a fit pro about folks who just simply give up because they’re sick and tired of being frustrated with failure.
I don’t blame them!
Trying with all your might to reach a goal, only to fall short over and over again is it’s own kind of torture.
I’ve made an (amazing) career out of helping people meet those goals, because I know how rewarding it can be when it actually happens. It’s life changing, actually.
Today I want to share how you can reach your goals in just 5 simple steps:
- Hydrate: get ½ your body weight in ounces of water per day… or 100oz, whichever number is bigger!
- VEG Out!: Get 2 servings of veggies at every single meal (yes that includes breakfast).
- Move Your Body: a minimum of 30 minutes per day at a moderate intensity. Ideally, strength training should be happening 3 x per week.
- Get your Zzz’s: lack of sleep = lack of results. Get 7-9 hours per night. Put the phone/tablet down and go to bed earlier!
- Train Your Brain: the most important muscle in your body is the Mental Muscle. If you put your mind to it, your body can do it.
There you have it. It’s actually super simple.
BUT, I recognize that for many folks it’s not easy. That’s why I always throw a BONUS in there: #6: HIRE A COACH!
A Coach can help motivate and guide you, while also holding you accountable.
Having a Coach in your corner will help ensure that steps 1-5 actually happen...and that your goals are reached.
If your fitness goals have always remained just out of reach, take action today and follow these simple steps. And if you need some help with it all, just send me a message (firstname.lastname@example.org). I’d be happy to help.
- Coach Michelle