If you’re just tuning in, you can catch up onmy previous blogs, and read about how the first month of my 2014 triathlon training season has gone!
- My week was challenging due to my ENTIRE Saturday being usurped by a fitness conference. I had to plan around that, and ended up shy a few things.
- The gym where we swim has the. absolute. WORST parking situation EVER!!!!!! There were a few times over the course of the week where I drove to the gym, searched for 30 mins (no exaggeration) for a parking spot, to no avail. I literally had to forfeit my workout at that time and leave. I tried my best to reschedule my workouts, but it didn’t always happen. I have vowed to get there BRIGHT AND EARLY from now on.
- The lifting session with my trainer on Friday kicked my ASS. Bad. I had a swim and run scheduled for Sunday but wasn’t able to do much but walk, cuz I was really sore. #ouch
- I had one of THE most humbling lifts in a looooong time. Jen and I trained with our trainer on Friday, and we did a lot of single-leg work [squats, KB deadlifts] and we are both STILL sore (on Monday night)!!! It kicked my ASS, and I guess this was a double-edged sword since it really kept me from doing any training on Sunday.
- I am really starting to like swimming. It is a whole new challenge for me, and I am really starting to be up for that challenge. I have been focusing on my technique and form, and really hope to build skill in this discipline!
- Here’s what I got done in terms of swim/bike/run: Swim: 1,000yds, 1,250yds. Bike: 15 miles, 20 miles, 30miles. Run: 25mins, 25mins.
Next week’s challenge:The challenge for the upcoming week is SLEEP! I have realized that I am not getting enough sleep for the amount of output I have. I am a person who functions best on 8 hours and I haven’t been getting that; it’s been more like 6. I am really going to try and get some more Zzzzz’s this week to help recovery, replenish, and rejuvenate.
Please feel free to comment and share stories about your training as well! Pose questions, leave feedback, etc. I would love hearing from you!