Today is, as you know, all about love.
All sorts of love:
- romantic love
- first love
- love between parent and child
- the love between siblings
- love between friends
- love between animals and their people
---- there are a LOT of types of love!
My question for you today is this:
What is the BEST kind of love?
Perhaps you believe it is one that I listed above.
Maybe you think it's a love between entities that I didn't include in my short list.
In my opinion, the BEST kind of love is self-love.
I truly believe that in order to love a romantic partner, parent, sibling, child, friend, or anyone else.... you mustlove yourself first.
What does self-love look like?
- Prioritizing time for self care like exercise, proper nutrition, massage, mediation.
- Saying positive things to yourself about yourself... acknowledging and embracing who you are.
- Being able to say "No" to people and things that are not the best prioritization of your time. (this one is HARD and I could write a whole separate email on this!)
- Realizing your self worth and living your life as such, in all capacities.
Those are just a small handfuls of the ways you can love yourself.
Do any of them resonate with you?
Remember: the love you are able to give others stems from the love you have for yourself within.
So, work on that love first, and watch the love you have for others grow by leaps and bounds!